One of the most common questions people have when arranging funeral services for a departed loved one is, “What can I do to make this ceremony truly feel personal?” People want funeral services to reflect the character and personality of the person who has recently passed.
Because we offer funeral services in Chicago, IL, we believe it is our responsibility to not only provide personalized services to help make funerals special and memorable, but also to personalize how we work with family members to help them in their difficult times. Here are a few ideas for personalized funeral services in Chicago, IL:
- Unique memorial ideas: Some people like to add a special memorial to their services, such as tree planting, floating lanterns, outdoor services and more. All of these types of unique memorial ideas can be used to commemorate your loved one’s interests and passions.
- Photo displays: There are few better ways to remember great times with people you love than to look through old photos. Many people add photo boards and displays at funerals and receptions to give guests a chance to reflect on the great times they shared with the deceased. It can be fun, cathartic and emotional to put together collections of photos from an entire lifetime.
- Take-home items: Much like party favors at a wedding, some people enjoy creating take-home items at funerals. If the deceased loved to garden, for example, you could send people home with a bag of seeds. You could send home candles and ask guests to remember your loved one whenever they light it. You could also send small stones or pieces of wood that act as remembrance charms and tokens. All of these items are nice means of remembrance for those who knew the deceased.
- Ask guests to contribute: One creative idea that people often use at funerals is to create a “memory jar.” Guests write a memory of the deceased on strips of paper and insert them into the jar. Then later during a reception, these memories are read out loud so they can be enjoyed by everyone. You could also have people write a short memory into a guestbook, which is then kept by the loved ones of the deceased.
- Use of the deceased’s clothing: Many people who are skilled with crafts and sewing have used articles of clothing from the deceased to create quilts, pillowcases, slipcovers, stuffed animals and various other items. These can serve as a constant reminder of your loved one.
Regardless of how you choose to personalize your loved one’s funeral, we also promise to personalize our own services to meet your needs. We understand the difficult emotions you experience following the loss of a loved one, and we want you to feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process of arranging the funeral and wake.
For more information about personalizing funeral services in Chicago, IL, contact us today at Marik-Baken Funeral Services Ltd., and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin