When a loved one passes away unexpectedly, it’s usually left up to friends and family members to put together a funeral or memorial service and coordinate final plans. Although last-minute funeral planning is not uncommon by any means, it isn’t any easy task to face right after the death of a loved one. Not only will plans have to be made in a very short amount of time—sometimes just a few days—but your loved ones will also have to make decisions based on what they assume you would want, which doesn’t always match with the reality of your last wishes.
All of this decision making and planning is required during a period of time when your loved ones are likely to be coping with their own grief and emotions. To avoid the negative side of last-minute funeral services in Westchester, IL, it’s a good idea to think about pre-planning your service and laying out your final wishes in writing:
- Less strain on your loved ones: One of the primary reasons that people choose pre-arrangement is because planning a funeral can be a tremendous burden on their friends and family members. If you take care of the planning beforehand, you can alleviate stress for your loved ones and allow them to focus on processing your loss and celebrating your life.
- Clear understanding of costs: Many people are shocked to find out just how expensive funerals can be. From the casket to flower arrangements, your loved ones may struggle to find a way to afford the kind of service that they hope to have for you. When you pre-arrange your service, you can budget and make your own decisions about how much should be spent and how expenses should be distributed.
- Assurance that you will get what you want: Your funeral is a time for your family and friends to remember you, but it’s also an opportunity for you to express your final wishes. Your service should include all of the details and elements that are important to you, and you can better ensure your wishes are met by making arrangements in advance.
- More closure for your family and friends: Funeral services in Westchester, IL play an essential role in the grieving process for your loved ones. A service that you have pre-arranged will allow them to honor you in a way that is authentic to what you want. This takes away the worry and allows loved ones to feel closure.
- Peace of mind: If you become ill, you don’t want to worry about frantically making plans at the last minute. Instead, handle pre-arrangement well in advance so that you don’t have to stress about the details.
You can begin pre-arrangements for funeral services in Westchester, IL with help from Marik-Baken Funeral Services Ltd. We are family owned and operated funeral home with years of experience providing a wide range of services, including burial, cremation, funerals and memorial service coordination. We understand that making arrangements can be a challenging and emotional prospect, which is why we are here to work with you with kindness and compassion. Give us a call today to make an appointment for a consultation.
Categorised in: Funeral Service
This post was written by Writer