Funerals and memorial services give you the opportunity to honor the life and legacy of your loved one. No person is the same as any other, so there’s no reason to plan a generic memorial or funeral service in Westchester, IL. Make sure that you honor your loved one and do justice to their personality by incorporating a few unique and creative elements into the service you are planning. If you want to do something special, but you’re not quite sure where to start, consider a few of the following ideas that are easy, unique and inexpensive:
- Give guests a thoughtful gift: Although you are by no means obligated to provide guests with gifts, providing some kind of memento or item to those in attendance is a thoughtful gesture. For example, if your loved one was a lover of the written word, they likely had a pretty sizable collection of books. Consider giving some books out to funeral guests so that they have something to remember your loved one by.
- Personalize the casket: There are so many creative options available to you when it comes to casket personalization. If you want to break away from the classic wooden casket look, consider a unique pop of color. You can even choose a pattern or design from a specialty casket maker. Some choose to have friends and loved ones write personalized messages on a traditional casket during the service. You can also print a quote or sentiment on the casket that reflects your loved one’s personality.
- Distribute seed packets: What better way to celebrate the legacy of your loved one than by giving your guests the opportunity to grow something that will act as a living, tangible reminder of a wonderful life? Friends and family will be reminded of your loved one every time they see their garden.
- Collect and display photographs: Funeral and memorial services are often times spent sharing memories of the deceased. By displaying photographs and a few personal items, you can spark conversations and personalize the service. You can display these photos on a large piece of corkboard and caption them with the year they were taken and who is pictured.
- Honor your loved one with cremation artwork: There are many different artisans who specialize in cremation artwork. This kind of art integrates ash into various pieces, including sculptures and blow artwork. Typically, this artwork only uses a small portion of the ashes, so you can keep the majority in an urn or spread it somewhere in accordance with the wishes of your loved one.
At Marik-Baken Funeral Services Ltd., we understand that every individual is different, which is why we are committed to helping our clients plan a funeral service in Westchester, IL that reflects the life and legacy of their loved one. Whether you are planning a service for someone who has passed or you want to begin pre-arranging your own service, our team is here to help. We have been providing funeral home services in the area since 2006, and we have developed a reputation for our dedication to kind and compassionate customer service. Please reach out if you have any questions or wish to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Funeral Service
This post was written by Writer